Re: Topband: Little Pistol Report-Oct 9/10

To: Bill Stewart <cwopr@embarqmail.com>, topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Little Pistol Report-Oct 9/10
From: Joe Galicic <galicic@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2020 09:50:46 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Bill,

Sounds like you and I are both having lots of fun on 160 meters with very
modest setups !  I have also worked many VK's and a ZL with 100 watts the past
two weeks as well as hearing many JA's.  I have been working some EU in the
evenings.

I'm just getting my 160 meter antenna up here in SC which for now is a
converted (bypassing the 49:1 matching transformer) 80-10 end fed half wave
with 21 longish radials on the ground.  Apex is around 50.  All hidden in my
tall pines.

Amazing conditions on 160 for sure !

73,

Joe