Re: Topband: 80 and 160

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 80 and 160
From: K9FD <merv.k9fd@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 14:22:09 -1000
!60 has been open over the pole here for a few days,  today no exception,  usually can work 20 to 30 contacts,    mostly North EU,  Russians,  and of course Asia, VK, this morning A71EM called me with a great signal 599.   I tuned up to 20 meter after sunrise and EU signals were
the loudest I have heard in some time,   interesting conditions.

Merv K9FD  Molokai Island Hawaii

Ron et all

Same here not the first DX station at our ( FL ) Sunrise. I called a couple of times and did not even show up in VK/ZL on PSK Reporter which I usually do at sunrise. I then slid up to 80 and there were JA's a VK's and then I got called by a YC8 for a new on one 80 . Guess the LUF was 3.5 MHz. About 3 hours later EU was booming in in 15M ..S9 signals all over the place Loudest I have heard 15 in years...a sharp MUF cutoff not a peep on 12M ..Odd condx all around

Dave\
NR1DX