Topband: Field telephone wire for radials

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Field telephone wire for radials
From: Gene Smar via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2020 18:25:41 -0500
Gents:

     I recently purchased a quantity - actually, a kilometer - of
two-conductor telephone wire.  I intend to use some/much of this wire to
augment the half-dozen radial wires I now have surrounding my shunt-fed
tower for 160M.

     In your experience, would it be better to split the cable into two
conductors (it's thin wire, maybe 22 AWG) and lay each in a slit in the
grass separately, or should I keep the conductors intact, lay them as a
single radial, then solder the wires together at the ends? I have plenty of
wire to do either.

     Thanks for your advice.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F