Re: Topband: Suggestions for vertical at HG0R

To: Steve HA0DU <ha0du@dx.hu>
Subject: Re: Topband: Suggestions for vertical at HG0R
From: Dave Cuthbert <telegrapher9@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2020 05:49:21 -1000
Steve,

*I believe there is a measurement error. *

1. The reactive part of the input impedance should not become more
inductive as the frequency is decreased. 1904kHz --> Z=68.1 + j0.3 and
1844kHz -->48.9 + j21.5.
2. An EZNEC model over 0.005/13 GND shows resonance at 1750kHz and the real
part of the input impedance to be 17 ohms. Real-world will be a bit higher
due to this being NEC-2.

So, the real part of the input impedance is too high and I don't think can
be accounted for by ground loss. Resonance is off by 150kHz.

Questions: How are you measuring the antenna base impedance?
                What instrument are you using?
                Are there any strong LF/MF broadcast station signals at the
QTH?

      Dave KH6AQ