Re: Topband: Stainless Steel for coil taps.

To: Roy Morgan <k1lky68@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Stainless Steel for coil taps.
From: "Larry-k1uo " <k1uo@tds.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 05:51:35 -0500
   I found some small aluminum coil taps at DX Engineering I will try on the
#10 solid copper coil wire I am using so as not to short multiple turns this
time. The ss band clamp thing I saw on uTube  (lol) but obviously he was not
running 1500 watts and, with me not having tried to load an 80M vertical for
160 before, I bought it hook, line and sinker. At 72 I hate asking for help.
  The schedule 40 pvc  form  is 3.5 in OD with 35 turns of #10 wire spaced ¼ in
so 4 turns per inch.   I assume because the Band clamp was shoring multiple
turns was what started the heating process early?  I don’t know for sure but I
am winding another coil as I had the machine shop make me an extra form.  I
terminate the #10 solid copper wire at each end of the form with a 1/1 inch
stainless bolt.
   Hopefully I am on the right track to get back on 160M with something that
the HOA wont ban me for.
Thanks to all.   Larry  K1UO