Re: Topband: end-fire array

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: end-fire array
From: donovanf@erols.com
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 01:59:12 -0500 (EST)
Hi Andy,

Your new end-fire array sounds excellent!

How are your two elements constructed?

What is the end-fire phase delay between your two elements?

Are the end fire elements actually 125 meters apart?
1/4 wavelength end-fire spacing would be 41 meters.
Spacings as small as 20 meters work well in an end-fire array
(the RDF is slightly better) but signal level is somewhat lower
but much better than a BOG.

Good luck with your new antenna!

73
Frank