Topband: Broadside vs end-fire phasing of RX antennas

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Broadside vs end-fire phasing of RX antennas
From: VE6WZ_Steve <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2020 09:59:42 -0700
Here is a YouTube video I uploaded a few days ago that explains the difference
between end-fire and broadside phasing.

I show how this principle is applied to Beverage pairs in either end-fire
en-echelon configuration or broadside configuration and I discuss the pros-cons
of each.
4Nec2 models are shown to explain the RDF and FB differences of each
configuration.

Some very high RDF RX antennas that combine both end-fire and broadside arrays
are presented such as en-chelon end-fire pairs phased broadside, and two
broadside phased 3 el end-fire vertical arrays.

https://youtu.be/fQFdUdXw1mU <https://youtu.be/fQFdUdXw1mU>

73, de steve ve6wz