Re: Topband: FW: CQWW a bust this year

To: "Bob Kile" <midnight18@cox.net>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: FW: CQWW a bust this year
From: "Jamie WW3S" <ww3s@zoominternet.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2020 00:15:14 +0000
You got the part about short distance correct.....I live maybe 12-15 miles from Eric, NO3M.....I cant hear a fraction of the stuff he does...of course phased beverage arrays on ten acres vs my small 80x180 lot in a subdivision makes a difference as well !!!! I swear he can hear a cricket rub his legs together halfway around the world.....Ive been somewhat successful using some EWE and a magnetic receiving loop, always trying to tinker and find something that works....Ive just about squeezed every antenna I can in my lot (tower with 3L steppir, Hytower, 2L phased array for 40 and Inv L off the tower for 160).....so my rx antennas go into the front yard, much to my wifes and neighbors dismay......I may try a VE3DO loop instead of the EWE this year, no rx antennas up yet, and 12+ inches of snow today, plus more on the way means I may not have something up by the contest weekend.....lifes too short to complain, try some small RX antennas, you may be surprised at the results.....