Topband: WG: AW: Low Dipoles

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: WG: AW: Low Dipoles
From: "dj7ww@t-online.de" <dj7ww@t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 00:06:14 +0100 (CET)

I used a dipole at 103ft and an elevated GP (top loaded tower) fed at 70ft with
full size resonance and two elevated straight  radials  for the last couple of
years.
Foreground is sloping towards North America and Japan.
Most of the time the vertical is the better antenna beyond 3000km and almost
identical in signal strength with the dipole to the northern east coast
stations.
It never happened that a DX station was stronger on the dipole then on the
vertical on receive.
Even within Europe and with path length extending 800km and with a vertical at
the other station sometimes  the vertical is the better antenna.

73
Peter

-----Original-Nachricht-----