Re: Topband: Question about on ground radials field.

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Question about on ground radials field.
From: Artek Manuals <Manuals@ArtekManuals.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2020 15:18:40 -0500
Not a simple , on size fits all answer

What happens depends on the frequency  you are talking about     ( I assume 1.825 but if it is a multi band vertical ..then???) and how much above the ground plane you are talking about

And the approximate foot print of your radial systems ( square lot filled in with radials ?)

on 160M the raising of a few feet will likely have little affect if any on the overall efficiency of the antenna if that was what you were hoping?

Dave
NR1DX