Topband: CQ160M contest last year and this year

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: CQ160M contest last year and this year
From: Fred Moeves <fmoeves@twc.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 10:00:36 -0500
Roger,

I for one don't like to hear that Eu stations are not calling CQ.
Maybe I'm alone on this but why not just call CQ NA only?

I rarely call CQ Contest I'm a S&P station.
I really don't contest anymore I'm usually in there but mostly to give points
and look for dx.
Here with my little pip squeak station with high noise it's tough.
I'm lucky to have a few Rx antennas or I'd be out all together.

Anyway hope to hear you and some dx on this weekend.

73 Fred KB4QZH

Excellent Doug !

I must admit, I haven't entered a Contest for over 40 years . . . the idea
of operating for hours and hours on end just doesn't appeal any more.

However, the various 160m Contests are very useful to work lots of DX
stations.

Please bear in mind that a lot of us Topbanders in Europe don't want to come
on calling CQ, as we'll be called by hundreds of Europeans . . . so if you
want to work us, you need to call CQ !  (and remember, we're not allowed
below 1810 kHz)

Good Luck to all those entering !

Roger G3YRO