Re: Topband: The WD8DSB mini-flag antenna

To: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: The WD8DSB mini-flag antenna
From: GEORGE WALLNER <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 09:32:43 -0500
Don,
I put that note out because friends were asking if with a "ultra-low-noise" pre-amp they could use it for DX. Unfortunately, that's not the case. (I have tried.) Of course, that does not diminish the usefulness of your antenna for DR. Also, a somewhat larger version (1.5 - 2 m per side) could be useful for very noisy locations. TKS for starting this discussion as we still have more to discover with resistor loaded loops.

73,
George,
AA7JV/C6AGU

On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 21:46:15 -0500