Re: Topband: Wednesday CW DX Activity Night

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Wednesday CW DX Activity Night
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2021 14:13:50 -0800
On 3/4/2021 1:53 PM, Roger Kennedy wrote:
Mainly because there's usually more stations to work . . . but also because
there rarely seems to be a Sunrise Peak these days

Virtually all of the good DX I've worked on 160, 80, and 40 has been in the daylight side of the terminator at one end or the other of the QSO. Typically 30-45 minutes for 160, an hour or so for 80, two hours for 40M. I find it frustrating that DX stations I want to work turn off their rigs or move to another band at the first sign of daylight, just when prop is peaking. Here on the west coast, the Stew starts at 7 am, which is around our dawn in Dec. We're all on the air then, and in good years, work 30-40 JAs in 30-45 minutes. I'm still working of finishing QRP WAS on 160; I'm missing VT and SC, and all of my hard ones (bordering the Atlantic) occurred on the daylight side of their sunrise or my sunset.

73, Jim K9YC