Re: Topband: FT8 etc.

Subject: Re: Topband: FT8 etc.
From: Phil Lefever via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 17:06:33 +0000 (UTC)
 "Advancement of the radio art" The primary raison d'etra of amateur radio for
over 100 years.
Started with spark, CW followed, soon AM, SSB and zillions of forms of digital
came to be. The day we stop innovating and striving for better is the day that
amateur radio no longer has a reason to be. FT modes are simply the one of the
newest incarnations. And every step of the journey there were the old guard
hams saying how so and so is the end of the hobby.
I'm not especially a fan of digital modes, but I can't disparage anyone that
is. Ham radio is a big tent there is room for all of us in the fraternity.
73, Phil KB0NES

    On Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 11:01:34 PM CST, Cecil <chacuff@cableone.net>