Re: Topband: NQ9E - QRM

To: "W3HKK@roadrunner.com" <W3HKK@roadrunner.com>, "'topband@contesting.com'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: NQ9E - QRM
From: List Mail <mail10@barefoothorse.com.au>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 11:45:48 +1100
Not to mention a fire hazard.
Our power comes in on a Single Wire, Earth Return system. I hear a bit of power
line noise on my antennas closer to the pole transformer, but as I receive on
my Beverage system, hundreds of metres away, it isn’t a problem for me.
Since the Black Saturday Bushfires of 2009, where an ignition of a major fire
system was traced to a faulty power pole, the distribution companies have been
very diligent with their maintenance of the system (they weren’t since
privatization of the grid). The sensitivity of the breakers has been increased,
and they don’t reclose automatically now.
The main problem with man made noise now is non-EMI compliant electronic
equipment. I feel the horse has bolted there.
And, conditions on 160 m are very poor here, both to NA and EU.
73, Luke VK3HJ

Sent from Mail for Windows 10