Re: Topband: 160 meter 1/8 wave

To: doug dietz <doug49707@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 meter 1/8 wave
From: Dave Cuthbert <telegrapher9@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2021 10:48:11 -1000
Hi Doug, for now I will assume you mean an inverted-L with apex at 1/8
wavelength. Let's see what EZNEC shows for a top hat vertical at the
extreme against the inverted-vee. We can refine the model with more input
from you such as take-off-angle, top hat design and ground parameters. From
that a practical loading coil is added either at the bottom or at the top.

1.8MHz
*65' vertical* with top hat sized for a nearly square current distribution
6 x 20' top hat
32 x 130' radials plus 5 ohm GND loss added to try to account for NEC-2
0.005S/13 GND, "average"
Gain at a 10 deg take-off angle =* -2.5 dBi*

1.8MHz
Inverted-V apex at 65' with ends 10' above GND
0.005s/13 GND, "average"
Broadside gain at a 10 deg take-off angle = *-10.5 dBi*

     dave KH6AQ