Re: Topband: Great Engineering by AA7JV

To: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Great Engineering by AA7JV
From: GEORGE WALLNER <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2021 17:41:31 -0400
Here is the clarification of the new DXCC rules relating to this:

The DXCCRules <http://www.arrl.org/dxcc-rules> changes, which affect Section I, subsections 8 and 9, explain andextend how contacts with remotely controlled stations now may be applied towardthe DXCC award. According to ARRL CEO David Sumner, K1ZZ, the changes aresubtle but significant. The modified rules make clear that contacts withlegally licensed, land-based, remotely controlled stations count for DXCC, butthe control point -- the operator's location -- of a remotely controlledstation no longer has to be land based; the operator can be literally anywhere.

73,
George,
AA7JV/C6AGUA

On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 15:39:13 -0400
 "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com> wrote:

> What will the ARRL think of this?

It's no different that the current system of "rent-a-remote" that
allows the well healed to chase propagation.

As long as the person/group "placing the boxes" has the necessary
licenses and landing permits consistent with the current rules, I
do not see ARRL refusing credit for shipboard (or even home)
operation of "DXPedition in a box" stations.  Even "at the dock"
operations are currently accepted if the antennas are located
on the wharf (and the necessary license/landing permission have
been obtained).

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV