Re: Topband: Noise Canceller- How-to video

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Noise Canceller- How-to video
From: Fred Moeves <fmoeves@twc.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 18:11:51 -0400
Thanks Steve for doing this I always enjoy you videos.
I have thought about the DXE box many times.
Maybe I'll pick one up this year?

Thanks again
73
Fred KB4QZH

On 4/16/2021 11:32 AM, VE6WZ_Steve wrote:
If you have ever tried to eliminate local noise using a phase box (noise
canceller) like the MFJ-1026 or NCC-1 and been disappointed, you need to watch
this video.
This video explains how to use these boxes for specific local noise cancelling.
This is NOT about pattern forming, null steering or skywave nulling.  That is a
different discussion.

Over the years I have met a number of operators that have been disappointed and
discouraged when using these boxes to eliminate specific local noises.
Often after speaking with them, I discovered that they where unfamiliar with
the proper set-up and need for a specific Aux or noise antenna to achieve
proper nulling.
Just hooking these boxes up to some random antennas and hoping for success
without understanding the theory and objective may not work very well.

For 15 yrs at VE6WZ I have used both the MFJ-1026 and NCC-1 to eliminate local
noise at my city QTH.
I show the theory of how these boxes work, and present some tips on set-up and
adjustment to achieve success.
This is a HOW-TO video for those unfamiliar with these devices.

https://youtu.be/Gt0Hokz_m3w <https://youtu.be/Gt0Hokz_m3w>

73, de steve ve6wz