Re: Topband: Hygain hytower on 160

To: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Hygain hytower on 160
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2021 06:17:30 -0700
Another change to relate this story - used a unmodified hytower with about
500W and after an hour - we noticed the insulator was on fire.

I have heard of people getting a better insulator and perhaps extending the
whip some.

N7NG used to have a trap at the top of his 80M vertical with a horizontal
wire that worked very well for him (he has since moved to Montana).

Tree N6TR