Re: Topband: Shunt-fed Tower Ground Ring Insulators

To: Gene Smar <ersmar@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Shunt-fed Tower Ground Ring Insulators
From: VE6WZ Steve <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 13:21:36 -0600 (MDT)
Hi Gene,

I do not know why you would try to insulate the radials from the pad.
The tower is grounded (I hope), the tower base is in the concrete, and the
concrete base is a big huge UFER ground. It makes no difference if the radials
are insulated from the base, since they are already very much bonded to it
through the tower ground.

My radials for the shunt fed tower are bonded both to the tower AND to 4 copper
pipes imbedded into the concrete base. (Which is very redundant since the tower
base is already imbedded in the concrete)

Steve, Ve6wz