Re: Topband: Interesting observation and comment (Skewed Path Vs. Horizo

To: James Wolf <jbwolf@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Interesting observation and comment (Skewed Path Vs. Horizontal/Vertical Polarization)
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2021 14:09:00 -0400
 Hi James,

I left a word out, and I have now added the word into my below text (I
added the word horizontal).

Yes, multipath is certainly a variable, and I'm actually trying to include
something that's not outwardly obvious regarding the directional response
of a receive antenna related to horizontal polarization versus vertical
polarization which is something I had never before considered (I'm not
trying to exclude anything), and I don't recall it being discussed before.
I suspect the signal is changing polarity frequently (probably rapidly) and
probably often appears like circular polarization, etc. so it's a very
complex picture.

Thanks,
Don (wd8dsb)