Re: Topband: 160m band condx 2018-21

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m band condx 2018-21
From: David Raymond <daraymond@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 20:59:41 -0500
In my comparatively short time on the band (since 1988) nothing compares to the trans-polar activity of the 2008-2009 season where much of NA was working Zones 17, 18, and 19 via direct path with loud signals both morning  and night (our time), with quite a few of the DX stations running low power.  It was fabulous and brought some memorable QSOs for me  including working Nelson/4S7NE through a huge and raucous NA pileup (including many of the big gun EC stations) with Nelson running just 100w at the time.  I can't even imagine having that QSO with the conditions of the past few years (in spite of the low SFI).  As Steve says, there is still CW activity. . .but, alas, it pales in comparison to what it was even a decade ago. . . .trans-polar and otherwise.

73. . . Dave, W0FLS