Topband: EU Aug 24

To: topband List List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: EU Aug 24
From: VE6WZ_Steve <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 15:11:53 -0600
Last night the solar wind had stabilized at around 300km/s and was even dipping
lower at times.

I started calling CQ at 0300z.  My sunset is at 2:48z.  I saw OK1CF calling CQ
on the Flex waterfall and I was able to log him at 0311 ut. with a solid signal.
At 315ut Andy DL8LAS answered my CQ with a good signal and we made the QSO.  I
also worked Alan G4UFK and OZ7YY.
I could hear a few other weak callers, but the QRN was bad.
The band was clearly in good shape and open, but some very heavy T-storms were
banging away in eastern Alberta and Saskatchewan so the QRN was horrendous and
I decided to stop CQ.

I see the solar wind is kicking up, and K has started to jump again, but I will
be RX again tonight.

73, de steve ve6wz