Topband: Magnetic Loop Height Question

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Magnetic Loop Height Question
From: W7TMT - Patrick <W7TMT@outlook.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 15:32:57 +0000
I'm looking to improve my receive situation on 160. Given the numerous
limitations to my location it appears my best chance of seeing any improvement
might be a small loop. All of the designs specify a minimum height of above
ground. The DXE version suggests 5 foot as a minimum and other designs are
similar. Any thoughts on what that number would be if we are talking about
super conductive ground below it, in this case saltwater? Any other
considerations with a loop over seawater?

Thanks for your time.

73, Patrick, W7TMT