Topband: amp tripping on 160

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: amp tripping on 160
From: WW3S <ww3s@zoominternet.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 14:44:28 +0000
After two great nights of being able to receive, I am beyond frustrated, as I cannot transmit....something happened recently, and I cannot figure it out... I suspect its RFI, but not sure why.....as soon as I transmit on my Inverted L, my SPE 1.3KFA amp trips, saying SWRT exceeds limits.....yet the SWR displayed is 1.46 to 1......new to me, but not new to this season is my tower which holds my Inverted L.....it was 50' of Rohn 25, with a Hazer, its now a Alumnatower 48', with a wonderpole.......but.....that setup did work, as I worked S9OK and 3DA0RU with it....I added a second receiving loop in the front yard, so thought that was it, but I took those cables out from the shack and still have a problem.....yesterday morning, I found the short piece of coax had a nick in it, from the mower I guess, so replaced it, and shortened my L a bit to bring the SWR a bit further up the band.....I tested yesterday morning and it was great, low , mid and high power, even 1300 watts of RTTY, no failure, I tried several times during the day and all was great until darkness, and as soon as I keyed the amp, failure.....I pulled out what little I have left of my hair trying to figure this out......the wonderpole is grounded and I "assume" the tower is grounded thru that......should I separately ground the tower? Doing so will complicate tilting it over, plus I only have copper grounding attachments, I thought I read where I shouldn't use dissimilar metals.....but willing to try anything to get my 160 TX ability back...thoughts?