Topband: magnetic loops, DXE vs Wellbrook

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: magnetic loops, DXE vs Wellbrook
From: WW3S <ww3s@zoominternet.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2021 23:56:19 +0000
I have used a DXE loop (formerly Pixel) for the last couple of seasons with fairly good success from my small lot. I was able to get a Wellbrook loop this year as well, and in testing, notice quite a difference between the two.....the Wellbrook is very noisy compared to the DXE, and I'm wondering if I have it installed correctly. It seems pretty straight forward to hook up, but since I dont have the manual, wondering if there is anything maybe I overlooked.....with the DXE, the band noise present on my inverted L just about completely disappears when I switch to the loop, but with the Wellbrook, I notice very little difference.....any using a Wellbrook that could share some tips/notes?