Re: Topband: Beverage polarization

To: Wes <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage polarization
From: Bruce Campbell <w8hw@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 09:40:48 -0500
Great article Wes. it says it well. Ron, look at the explanation in that article about traveling-wave antenna vs Standing wave. 73, Bruce, W8HW

*Traveling-Wave Antennas*
The Beverage antenna is a traveling-wave antenna
because it never has standing waves from reflections
from the ends of the wire. As a result, it’s also non-
resonant, and the antenna dimensions aren’t required
to be a specific fraction or multiple of the signal wave-
length. Beverages work well over a fairly wide frequency
range where they’re between about 3⁄4and 5 λlong,
with good performance around 1 to 2 λ.