Re: Topband: W1FV 9-Circle Feedline & control Line Chokes?

To: richdailey@windstream.net,topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: W1FV 9-Circle Feedline & control Line Chokes?
From: <n0tt1@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 23:47:20 +0000
Rich,

I don't use any chokes on my 160m 9-circle RX array....located
about 900ft from the shack.

Chokes on the lines of your antenna couldn't hurt.  Snap-on chokes
may not offer worthwhile resistance.

8, 50-ft radials each element.  "W8JI" elements.   No Hi-Z elements.
I used his "touch-the-feed-line-to the radial ground" to see if
there is any change to the impedance at the antenna.  NO changes noted.
I used 3/4-wl lines on all elements.

RG-6 coax.  RG11 to shack.  Thru-the-coax remote control.  See ON4UN's
DXing book
for a couple of photos.

73,
Charlie, N0TT