Re: Topband: Bill N4AR; killed in auto accident

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Bill N4AR; killed in auto accident
From: Nagi <nagi@nmt.ne.jp>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2021 23:24:10 +0900
Hi Topband friend,

Sorry for the late post.
Bill was a special friend to me.
In the 1970s, when he was still a K4GSU, we did QSO on 80m CW almost every day in winter. After that, we were able to QSO many times even on 160m.

In 1981, I traveled by car around United States to visit my low bands friends. I visited my friends who were active on 160m. They were hospitable to a young man from the Far East.
They are Stew W1BB, Earl K6SE and many other friends.
Of course, I also visited Bill N4AR and received warm hospitality from him and Betty.
I remember Scott was still a really small child then.
After visiting them, I visited John W5SUS and I met one of my best friends Stan K5GO/ZF9CW. Kevin was still a toddler, but now he's a great world-class contester as N5DX.

I married Rie in 1992 and chose the U.S. and Canada as our honeymoon destinations. I made a journey across my 160m friends again with her.
We were accommodated at many friends' houses. Jeff K1ZM, Jack VE1ZZ etc..
Of course, I didn't forget to introduce Rie to Bill N4AR and Betty.
It had been 11 years since I had seen them, but I was warmly welcomed again.
I'm really sad Bill's gone. I'm so sorry.
You will be missed.
RIP to Bill.

73 and 161.  Aki JA5DQH