Topband: So2r and diversity receive

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: So2r and diversity receive
From: Ignacy Misztal <no9e@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 16:53:06 +0100
Did anybody try SO2R or SO2V contesting on 160 with Flex 6600?

Normally I use diversity of the main TX antenna and beverages. With the TX
antenna most of the signals are readable but weaker ones are just a trace.
WIth the beverage often signals from other directions are not present.

When running is slow, I would like to have SO2R. I have a loop antenna far
away from the transmit that can be positioned to null the transmit antenna.
The question here is how to route the antenna for the other radio while
maintaining the diversity. Beverage plus transmit in one ear? The send
radio with the transmit antenna? Any experiences? I tried a few options and
they created a havoc, with a lower rate than SO1R.
Ignacy NO9E