Re: Topband: K9AY Loop Questions

To: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>, W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: K9AY Loop Questions
From: Jose_Carlos <N4IS@COMCAST.NET>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2022 22:23:13 -0500
Don

I’m afraid your information is not accurate, SAL is the same as a K9AY, the two
wires close to each other can be removed because they cancel each other. The
remain wires works like two vertical in phase, as the same in any flag, loaded
loop or pennant. The cardioid pattern is the same.

The is no implementation of two SAL in phase because it does not work, the
phasing system is too complex to phase two SAL.

If you know the people that actually tested the antenna, you know that the
claimed RDF was never achieved.

The RDF of the K9AY is the same of the SAL, the EZENEC does a horrible job with
loops close to the ground.

Saying that, both antennas are excellent receiver antennas if you don’t have
anything else.

73’s
JC
N4IS