Re: Topband: Preamp Placement?

To: Chris Maness <christopher.maness@gmail.com>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>, Nick Hall-Patch <nhp@ieee.org>
Subject: Re: Topband: Preamp Placement?
From: David Harmon <k6xyz@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 17:30:40 +0000 (UTC)
 My loop has an amp located at the loop but the sig at the radio was waaay
down.I added a DXE broadband amp at the operating desk to get the sigs back to
parity with my vertical.An internal preamp in a modern radio might do the trick
but even though I have a TS-890 I have not tried the preamp with the DXE amp
shutoff.
    On Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 11:12:48 AM CST, Nick Hall-Patch via Topband