Re: Topband: Wednesday CW DX Activity Night

To: Roger Kennedy <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Wednesday CW DX Activity Night
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 23:07:58 -0500
Hello Roger

Well, Monday night had very good conditions. There were hardly any stations on, but those that were  sounded great. I worked a DL station who was QRP, and he was peaking at 559. Then ON4WW called me and said he was running 1 watt. He was 559 also! He was over S9 when he ran his KW!  G3PQA was also there on Monday, and we both went down to 1 watt and actually heard each other pretty well, maybe not Q5 all the time, but Q4 with a bit of fading.  That has not happened in quite awhile.This all happened right after the K index went to 5!! Things degraded a bit since then.  I hope to be on for Wednesday. I am making another beverage wire for Bouvet and possible long path attempts to the SE.

73

Dave K1WHS