Re: Topband: Square "loop" antenna for 160

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Square "loop" antenna for 160
From: James V Redding PE via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2022 15:22:44 -0500
A low tuned horizontal split loop with a single point of vertical grounding
(the DDRR "Hula Hoop")  was once popular and is on page 150 of Electronics
Engineering Manual (Vol XI).  Or you could look at U.S. Patent USR26196E
and the third image using a single conductor which is grounded on one end.
That is the Boyer patent and is assigned to Northrup. It might be the first
DDRR patent.

Figure 11 of the patent offers another variation, balanced, but with no
ground.

If you are thinking QRO, then please verify the exposure limits. . .
"Critters" in the walls are no issue, but no one wants to be accused
of cooking the family dog.

Jim/vez
USRE26196E USR26196