Re: Topband: working 'long' distances on 160m

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: working 'long' distances on 160m
From: Steve Ireland <stevevk6vz@tpg.com.au>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 20:32:06 +0800
Hi Roger

These days I usually only get on 160m for the various Stew Perry TBDCs.  They
are still fun but my internal time clock has changed and no longer enjoy
getting up regularly at sunrise to work Europe on 160m!   My most used band
these days is 10m, which has sensible operating hours. 😉

However, VK6 is still well represented on 160m by Kev VK6LW and Phil VK6GX. Kev
is a night owl and will get on for European sunset, while Phil is an early bird
and still operates at VK6 sunrise.

Vy 73

Steve, VK6VZ (VL6T in contests)

Sent from Mail for Windows 10