Topband: Vertical over salt water

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Vertical over salt water
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 09:50:47 -0400
The current thread reminded me a lot of this one
Topband: Modeling the proverbial "vertical on a beach" (contesting.com)
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/Topband/2014-08/msg00048.html

I salivate every time I read such stories.  I live on a nice Ridge, but
nowhere even remotely close to salt water.  The land here is undulating and
very rocky. Almost no soil.

I can tell you that for sure on 40m a vertical (w/ 2 gullwing radials
parallel to the water) some 10-15' from the salt water works gangbusters.
I only wish that I had a comparison antenna to give you a number.  I am sure
K5GO will do that comparison for you all some day.

For sure the ZF9CW/ZF5T QTH is magical.  Not only on 160m, but all the other
bands as well.

I had blast there in October for a week.

73 Mike VE9AA (ZF2AA for a moment in time)

Mike, Coreen & Corey
Keswick Ridge, NB