Topband: How to RFI Proofing a Home Thermostat?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: How to RFI Proofing a Home Thermostat?
From: George Collins <george.kc1v@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 20:26:47 -0500
Hello all,

I have a problem when transmitting on 80 and 160:  At power levels over
about 100 W it causes my heating thermostat to change its setting.
Sometimes it goes up and other times it goes down.  There isn't enough wire
coming out of the wall to put a reasonably sized toroid on and much of the
wire running to the heating system is buried in the walls, so shielding
would be very difficult.

I would welcome any suggestions.  Oh, I do shut the thermostat off while on
80 or 160 and that works okay until the XYL starts asking why the heat
won't come on! hi hi

TIA and 73,

George, KC1V
FN31