Re: Topband: 1940Hz Intruder

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 1940Hz Intruder
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2023 17:47:55 -0500
I am hearing three different stations here in Maine on 1610 KHz during the day. One is the Maine turnpike public service station, but another seems to be a Spanish speaking station out to the West. The 3rd 1610 station is SW and might be a NJ county emergency station.  I have heard it in the past quite well during the day.  I also hear a very weak carrier on 1940 kHz in the middle of the afternoon. I will try to identify something this evening. I have beverages at 180, 220, 260, 290, and 330 degrees. The noise at night is loudest at 220 degrees, but is almost as loud at 260 degr. so I would bet it is around 230 degrees.