Re: Topband: 1940 kHz Intruder

To: Rick Lapp <rick@ricklapp.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: 1940 kHz Intruder
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2023 15:04:51 -0500
Hi Rick and Frank,

This may have already been discussed offline but if WWRU 1660KHz is indeed
one of 2 stations mixing then the math suggests 1380 KHz is a prime
candidate regarding the second transmitter involved in the generation of a
3rd order IMD product that falls on 1940 KHz and it turns out that WKDM
1380 KHz actually shares the same transmitter site as WWRU 1660 KHz.

I'm having problems with the FCC AM database at the moment, but it appears
the transmitter site address for both stations is 350 Paterson Plank Rd,
Carlstadt NJ and sure enough I see 8 towers at this address using google
earth.

Just FYI,
Don wd8dsb