Re: Topband: 160M Conditions

To: Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160M Conditions
From: Roger Stein <burch.craft@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 11:00:14 -0400
Shucks Pete, that’s propagation for you. I snared 37 DXC in last nights session
from here in Nova Scotia with my K2AV FCP and SAL-20 or new SGA, (Shared Ground
Array) beta version from Mark. Running just 600 watts.  Many, many, did I say
many? US stations could not hear the EU DX and plopped on top of them calling
CQ. They must not hear either side of the QSO.

And…it still doesn’t do calling stations any good plopping dead zero beat along
with the horde, the runner cannot separate you, so we tune off freq to catch
the copyable call signs.

That ever happen to you Pete??? Oh well end of rant.

See you tonight and may the Propagation be with you!

73, Roger VA1RST Halifax NS

Sent from my iPhone