Irrigation Pipe Specs??

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Irrigation Pipe Specs??
From: broz@csn.net (John Brosnahan)
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 20:55:15 -0600
At 12:57 AM 7/19/96 GMT, you wrote:
>We have found some aluminum "irrigation pipe".  However it does not conform
>to normal pipe dimensions, but rather measures 2.00 inch OD with .058 wall
>thickness.
>
>Any guesses as to what temper aluminum might be used for this?
>
>These are in 30 ft lengths.
>
>thanks Mark WB2NQT
>wb2nqt@usa.pipeline.com

Double check the wall thickness--most of the 2 and 3 inch stuff
(standard duty) is actually 0.050 wall.  The quality and material
can vary widely from manufacturer to manufacturer.  It is often
6063-T3 and may be extruded or just rolled and welded.  The
extruded has fairly good circularity--the welded stuff is not
as well formed.

Some aluminum suppliers call the stuff "construction tube", BTW.

Good luck.

73  John  W0UN

John Brosnahan
La Salle Research Corp      24115 WCR 40     La Salle, CO 80645  USA
voice 970-284-6602            fax 970-284-0979           email broz@csn.net