Hi Steve

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Hi Steve
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 13:02:43 -0400
>I guess my question is: Are the speeds you mention maximum gusts or
>sustained winds for a 50 year period? (I think W6QHS mentions this in his
>book? I know in 1970 in Chouteau County we had a micro-burst that sent winds
to 100 >mph.

Hi, Matt --

     My impression is that the winds are based on 50 year occurences but
there are sites subject to higher winds that may be listed on an ASCE 7-88
wind map.  Check with you local building department to see if you are.  In
any case, I'd overbuild any installation to give you more safety and
reliability.  In the case of many Rohn specs, you just reduce the wind load
for higher wind speeds while the guy configurations remain the same.  Check
the Rohn catalog for your installation.  You'll never go wrong by
over-engineering it.

>Just thought I'd pick your brain as I am beefing up antennas as I get ready
>to raise them to the top of my recently completed 83' of 45G. I'd already
>acquired various climbing accy's (started project last fall) or you can bet
>I'd have purchased them from you. Your prices seem a lot better than the
>$200+ I gave for a KLEIN harness to CISCO. I do love the harness.

    Yes, the full Klein can be pretty spendy.  It's really marketed to
lineman who spend 8 hours a day in them and they'll pay for more padding,
etc.  BTW, I've got  a new line of canvas products including tool bags
that'll fit on any belt.  That was my main criticism of the Klein (I bought
one and sent it back because of it) it wouldn't accomodate tool bags which I
feel are essential.  I use two tool bags -- the one on the left is for tools
and the one on the right is for parts.  It's a very handy arrangement.

73 and good luck,  Steve   K7LXC