Wasps

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Wasps
From: David_B_Curtis@ccm.sc.intel.com (David B Curtis)
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 96 13:30:00 PDT
Text item:

> So what do you guys do about wasps?
Patrol regularly.  My old QTH in Minnesota had 4 species of wasp (one ground
dwelling) that were regular visitors.  Each specie had a favorite type of place
to build a nest, and a favorite season to start.  My technique was to frustrate
the dickens out of them by going around 2 or 3 times a week during "construction
season" with the garden hose and wash down any nest with a spray gun while it
was still small and I wasn't too badly outnumbered by the local militia.  After
2 or 3 attempts at colonization they would give up and become my neighbor's
problem.

73, Dave NG0X

Text item: External Message Header