Yaesu rotators

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Yaesu rotators
From: jphillip@primenet.com (John T. Phillipp)
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 11:27:17 -0700 (MST)
I have read with interest the comments about the Yaesu rotators on the
reflector. I have a Yaesu G1000 SDX turning a Mosley Pro67B and a Force 12
30 meter monobander. It has been up for the past 3 years and has given me no
problems.

However... does anyone know how to change the light bulb in the control box?

Bulb replacement is not mentioned in the owner's manual. I opened up the
case, expecting to see a bulb. None there. I disassembled as much of the
stuff inside the case as I dared (I won't take something apart if I'm not
sure I can get it back together again!!) but never did see a bulb.

I called Yaesu tech support here in California a couple of times. Each time
I was kept on hold for more than 30 minutes, and finally left an e-mail
message without talking to a technician. No one ever called me back.

It would seem to me that a life-limited component like a light bulb should
be placed in a position designed to make replacement easy, but hey, I'm a
doctor, not an engineer. What do I know about these things?

Anyone ever replaced the bulb? How DID you do it?

73,

John  N6ZAE