Hey - The name is PHILLYSTRAN

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Hey - The name is PHILLYSTRAN
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 11:00:35 -0400

>- Shouldn't this discussion have a caveat?  The Loos gauge is
>designed for wire rope, which is probably close enough to EHS, but unless a
>calibration chart has been developed for Phillystran it's probably not at
>all accurate on that - I bet that it would show a Philly guy to be much less
>tight than it really is.

Hi, Pete --

    The anecdotal information that I have so far is 1) that it does a
reasonably good job regardless of strand being measured and 2) it's close
enough for amateur applications.
I think that you'll admit that it's better to have SOME idea of your tensions
as well as having all of them tensioned to the same spec.  If you do it by
"eyeball" you'll probably miss on both accounts.  The LOOS is the ONLY way to
do it for a reasonable price with repeatable results.

73,  Steve   K7LXC