Trylon / Titan Towers??

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Trylon / Titan Towers??
From: rolfe@ldp.com (Rolfe Tessem) (rolfe@ldp.com (Rolfe Tessem))
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 96 16:06:07 -0400
Ed Gilbert <eyg@hpnjlc.njd.hp.com> writes:

>> I recently bought a used Rohn SSV series tower and in the process,
>> became acquainted with the fact that Rohn has some attractive
>> amateur packages of these self-supporting towers, which are
>> normally used in commercial service. These are tapered, three-sided
>> models.

> AES has prices for these in their latest catalog.

> Has anyone tried climbing one of these things?  I noticed that the
> cross bracing is all diagonal -- there is nothing horizontal to
> stand on.

There are climbing pegs on one leg. These are actually bolts about 8"
long which screw about 2" into the leg and have a large, round head on
the end so your foot doesn't slip off. Diameter looks to be about
3/4".

Looks like it's easy to climb, but I'm not sure what you do with the
belt.

Rolfe
W3VH

--
Rolfe Tessem            |       Lucky Duck Productions
rolfe@ldp.com           |       96 Morton Street