T2X turning problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: T2X turning problem
From: crb@nanoteq.co.za (Chris R. Burger)
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 09:58:20 +200
> I'm turning a 105CA & a 402CD (beefy QHS design) with a T2X.  I notice that
> sometimes it will not turn one direction, but turning briefly the other
> direction fixes the problem.  Not a big deal... just wondering what's going
> on here?
I have the same problem on my one tower.  I think it's the wedge
brake sticking.  It's jammed into the slot.  When you take the
pressure off it, it extracts, leaving the rotator free to turn.

Fix?  Dunno.  You'll have to disassemble it and have a look.  My
display pot died a few weeks ago, so I'm going to have to do that
anyway.

Chris R. Burger
ZS6EZ