Glenn Martin Hazer Use Query

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Glenn Martin Hazer Use Query
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 1996 18:47:24 -0400

>Probably asked before but considering using a Hazer on Rohn 25G 40' to 50'
>with only top guys attached to tower (not Hazer). Would appreciate any
>comments on approach or experiences.

Hi, Dick --

     The Rohn book specifies one set of guys for a 40 foot tower and two sets
for 50 feet.  I would follow the factory recommendations.

     The Hazer system is a lightweight setup that has some appeal for those
who can't or won't climb their towers.  I don't know what Rohn's opinion of
it is.  The bottom line is to install everything according to the respective
factory specs.

>Also, can I use a 1/2" drill to operate the Hazer winch ?

      I don't have the answer to that.  Contact the factory.

73,  Steve  K7LXC