Yaesu 1000SDX installation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Yaesu 1000SDX installation
From: wa2syn@li.net (Jeff Singer)
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 1996 23:37:16 -0400 (EDT)
Bill...

A1:  I used to use a 1000SDX to turn my kt34xa and 402cd. Did a great job,
but the antenna WILL spin endlessly! I recommend pinning the mast, or
you'll never get any rest. The mast to rotor plates are very soft and can
only be tightened to a point - after that they crack easily.

A2:  Your 48 foot boom is much more than Yaesu planned for that rotor, but
general experience tells that the 1000SDX just keeps on working. I am
putting up a 2800SDX for my 40m4 with 42 foot boom; seems more
appropriate.

Good Luck,

Jeff WA2SYN
wa2syn@li.net