Feedline Support

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Feedline Support
From: jholly@hposl02.cup.hp.com (Jim Hollenback)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 12:35:31 -0700
On Sep 26,  2:12pm, Eric Rosenberg wrote:
> Subject: Feedline Support
> I'm using a 6 ft roof tower to support my satellite/VHF/UHF array.
>
> With all the rain we've had in the Washington, DC area of late, I've come
> across a problem with the feedlines and control cables that run across my
> roof and down the side of the house into the shack (which is in the
> basement).
>
> The cables (2 rotor; 1, 7/8" heliax; 1, 1/2" heliax, 2 RG8x) form a path
> for the rain to run down (to the ground), and as a result I've noticed
> that dampness has developed in the basement.
>
> What I need to know is a method for elevating the cables off the roof as
> they traverse it before going down the side of the house.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Eric WD3Q

is the coax entry right at ground level? If not, use a drip loop. The
coax goes below the entry and then goes back up. All running water drops
off the bottom of the loop and none goes in the entry. Even if you get
it up off the roof, (a good idea because it extends the roof life) water
will still collect on the vertical run.

73, Jim, WA6SDM
jholly@cup.hp.com